This past week has been one of those weeks where I had to choose to either completely freak out about the pace of The Sparrow’s Nest or trust in God’s plan and timing. The choice seems obvious but it is one I usually fight daily. I don’t like to be an “either-or” person so I chose the middle ground. I had a slight meltdown and THEN turned to my Bible for peace. I wouldn’t suggest following my example but the result was pretty cool.
I was directed to 2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need
for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us
by his own glory and goodness.
I need those reminders that it’s not me but Him. I have a friend who calls me Center of The Universe as a truthful jab. It’s not so much the attention I crave but trying to keep everything aligned. I struggle with staying in control and forcing all the pieces to go how I see them needing to go. And I wanted it all 3 weeks ago.
So today I just want to share some things that have happened that reminds me God has The Sparrow’s Nest is in His hands. These are things I have had nothing to do with, I don’t know where they came from, I had no planning, no forethought. These are pieces of the puzzle God has given us through his divine power to show us He will give us everything we need.
1. The Homeschool Association of St. Louis is donating the proceeds of their food sales from their expo next weekend. I’ve never met them. I haven’t shared the dream with them.
2. My friend Bill wrote me the most encouraging note ever. I received it minutes after my meltdown. I don’t think we share the same belief system. But I heard God speak through his words.
3. Lutheran High School Teens for Life Club donated the proceeds of their Spring Blood Drive to us this week. I didn’t ask for it. I didn’t know there was such a club.
4. My new friend Casey Graham has laid out a step by step plan for us to follow for a major fundraising campaign in May. He gave it to us free of charge because he said he believes in what we are doing. He lives in Atlanta.
5. I was having a meeting at my “office” at the St. Charles Coffee House. I started talking to the young lady behind the counter. Turns out she’s a Non Profit Management major at UMSL. She’s going to be our summer intern this year.
6. My new friend Kurt Schulz was called to pray for 70 people this week. We were one of the 70. How did he know what to pray for?
7. A youth minister with 4 young children mailed us a check for $100. He lives in Nebraska. He wants to support what’s going on in our community.
8. My second cousin’s ex husband lives in Kansas City. He contacted me to work on some marketing videos and press releases for us. He said he can’t explain why he feels God has lead him to us but he’s following the call.
9. I asked my old high school buddy Quinn Murphy for an attorney referral in St. Charles to help with the legal mumbo jumbo. He called back saying his firm of Armstrong and Teasdale would like like to help us pro boon. Armstrong and Teasdale was voted the number one law firm in St. Louis last year.
10. I keep getting phone calls from parents, counselors, educators, service providers looking for places for girls to stay. Planned Parenthood has lost its funding. Every volunteer I recruit says they’ve been looking for something like this.
For such a time as this…
How has God shown you your life is in His hands? More specifically, how is God leading you to The Sparrow’s Nest?